Private medical insurance can help you access care at Cleveland Clinic London without a long wait. And we’ve made the process as streamlined as possible. We explain what to expect and handle many of the details so you can focus on feeling better.
Benefits of Using Private Medical Insurance for Your Care
When you seek care at Cleveland Clinic London, you can feel confident in your decision. We are part of a global network that ranks among the world’s top hospitals. You have access to renowned consultants and leading therapies.
Highlights of our programme include:
- Comprehensive care: We offer all the tests and treatments you need. Specialists integrate the latest research and technologies into their services, helping more patients achieve desired results. Book an appointment.
- Quick access: Our goal is to help you get care quickly. Many specialties offer same-day and next-day appointments. You can often undergo an evaluation with diagnostics and receive personalised care recommendations in one visit.
- Comfortable stay: Our state-of-the-art facility provides a comfortable healing environment. You stay in a large private room with your own bathroom, and there’s plenty of space for loved ones to visit. Read more about our facility.
- Support: Using private insurance often requires extra steps and phone calls. Our Pre-Registration team helps guide you through the process. They can provide cost estimates to help you make informed decisions. Read more private insurance frequently asked questions.
About Private Medical Insurance
Private medical insurance gives you more options for where you can receive care for all your health concerns. Insurance coverage can include hernias, heart disease, surgical cancer care, women’s health concerns and digestive problems. Insurance lessens the financial burden of receiving care from private consultants and hospitals.
How private insurance works
The terms and conditions of private medical insurance policies vary, but most require a GP referral and insurance company authorisation to get started.
Here’s how it works:
- Obtain a referral from your NHS GP or private GP.
- Contact your insurance company for authorisation.
- Choose a consultant.
- Book an appointment by filling out an appointment request or calling us at +44 20 3423 7500.
- Receive authorised services at a time convenient for you.
Private medical insurance invoicing and patient responsibilities
Depending on the type of insurance, a portion of your patient responsibility may be due at the time of service. We explain your invoice clearly and offer convenient online payment options.
After your appointment:
- We submit an invoice to your insurance company listing the services provided.
- The insurance company processes the invoice and sends reimbursement to Cleveland Clinic London.
- If there is additional patient responsibility, we send you an invoice.
Accepted Insurance Providers
Cleveland Clinic London participates with most major insurance plans, including:
- Bupa Insurance Services Limited.
- AXA PPP Healthcare Limited.
- Aviva Health UK Limited.
- Vitality Corporate Services Limited.
- Western Provident Association (WPA) Ltd.
- CIGNA European Services (UK) Ltd.
- Healix Health Services Limited.
- General and Medical Healthcare (a division of General and Medical Finance).
- Health Partners Europe Limited.
- GMMI, Inc. (Global Medical Management Inc.).
- American Foreign Service Protective Association Inc. (AFSPA).
- Aetna Global Benefits (UK) Limited.
- Allianz Partners SAS, Société par Actions Simplifiée (AzP).
- International SOS (Medical Services) UK Limited.
- Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC, traded as GeoBlue.
Please note: Where applicable, accepted insurance plans include UK and international affiliates and partners of these contracted providers.
Private insurance is one of many ways to pay for care at Cleveland Clinic London. Read more about payment information, including options for self-pay and paying by phone.