Neurological conditions affect your nervous system, which includes your brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
A neurological condition, illness or injury can make it challenging to function properly. It is important to receive a quick diagnosis of the underlying problem, so you can get the treatment you need to restore your function and improve your quality of life.
Neurology: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic London?
The nervous system is complex, so it is essential to see an experienced neurologist who can provide an accurate diagnosis and develop the right treatment plan for you. Our neurologists are experts in diagnosing and treating the full range of conditions — from headaches and movement disorders to traumatic brain injuries and seizures.
At Cleveland Clinic London, you’ll find:
- Extensive experience: Specialists lead our comprehensive neurology services. You receive treatment from a team of expert consultants who are leaders in their fields. Our consultants come from London’s top teaching hospitals.
- Team-based approach: Our world-leading neurologists are part of a robust, integrated team. Neurologists work closely with neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, clinical neurophysiologists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, neuropsychologists and rehabilitation experts to deliver the best care throughout your journey.
- Specialised services: We offer a range of highly specialised services. You can find dedicated clinics for Parkinson’s disease, headache, migraine, epilepsy, sleep problems, concussion, multiple sclerosis, dementia and cognitive disorders, all led by experts in these fields. We also have a mini-stroke (transient ischaemic attack, TIA) clinic.
- Advanced robotic rehabilitation equipment: Our team uses the latest specialist rehabilitation techniques, including using robotic technology to help improve and speed up recovery following brain or spinal injury.
Neurology at Cleveland Clinic London
We treat a wide range of neurology conditions, including:
- Complex and severe headache disorders.
- Epilepsy and seizures.
- Movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and complex forms of Parkinsonism.
- Cognitive impairment and dementia, a decline in mental ability and memory.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory disorders including the latest advanced treatments.
- Neuromuscular disorders affecting your nerves and muscles, including peripheral neuropathy.
- Neurovascular disorders, which impact the blood supply to the brain or spinal cord, including non-acute stroke and transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke).
- Sleep disorders.
- Traumatic brain injury and concussion.
Neurological Diagnosis at Cleveland Clinic London
We use advanced technologies to diagnose you quickly and accurately. We offer state of the art imaging and diagnostics, including:
- The latest MRI and CT scans.
- Doppler ultrasound.
- MR and catheter angiograms.
- Genetic testing.
- Neurophysiology services with electroencephalograms (EEG) and electromyograms (EMG).
- Sleep studies.
Neurology Treatments and Services at Cleveland Clinic London
Our specialist treatment programmes include:
Receive the full spectrum of headache care, including inpatient treatment when needed. Headache services include:
After brain or spine injury, your specialist may recommend rehabilitation as part of your recovery. Rehabilitation can help restore your function and maximise your independence. At Cleveland Clinic London, you have access to inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programmes, depending on your needs.
If you have a transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke), our dedicated clinic helps you recover. In this clinic, expert providers assess:
- Blood supply to the brain.
- Heart structure and rhythm.
- The cause of the TIA and how to prevent further episodes.
We work with you and provide recommendations about treatments and lifestyle changes that can help you avoid a stroke.
Cognitive disorders service
People with memory impairment or anyone with symptoms suggestive of dementia get thorough, compassionate care at our clinic. Our comprehensive cognitive disorders service provides a careful assessment and develops a personalized treatment plan to help you stay active and independent.