Rheumatologic diseases can affect your bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, causing a range of debilitating symptoms. Whether you’ve been diagnosed with a rheumatic disorder or you’re experiencing chronic and unexplained musculoskeletal pain, we can help. The rheumatology experts at Cleveland Clinic London offer innovative treatments for a wide range of autoimmune disorders and inflammatory joint disorders.
Treatment for Psoriatic Arthritis, Lupus & Other Rheumatic Disorders: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic London?
- Rheumatology experts: Our rheumatologists are leaders in their fields. They conduct ongoing research and participate in clinical trials to bring you the newest and best treatments for rheumatic diseases. You receive the latest therapies from a skilled and passionate team.
- Multispecialty care: Rheumatology consultants work together with providers in multiple disciplines to build a complete care plan. You receive treatment recommendations from orthopaedic surgeons, registered dietitians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists and other experts.
- Personalised attention: Our consultants take the time to understand how a rheumatic disease affects your quality of life. We select therapies that will improve your physical and emotional health and help you perform daily tasks with less pain and more independence.
- Timely diagnosis: Living with chronic pain and other unexplained symptoms can be challenging and frustrating. At Cleveland Clinic London, you receive all the diagnostic testing you need promptly and under one roof. Rheumatologists work closely with experts in pathology and imaging to evaluate results quickly and build treatment plans faster.
Rheumatic Diseases We Treat
Our rheumatologists treat a wide range of common and rare rheumatic diseases, including pain and fatigue syndromes, inflammatory joint disorders and autoimmune diseases. We care for people with:
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Gout and pseudogout.
- Lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- Psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Our Treatments for Rheumatic Conditions
Our depth of expertise in rheumatic conditions means we can provide a wide range of treatments to help you feel better. We offer:
- Antibody therapies: This treatment uses proteins produced by your immune system in response to an infection (called antibodies) to help your body fight disease.
- Biologics: Biologics are powerful medicines developed from blood, proteins, viruses and living organisms. They can suppress certain immune responses to combat chronic autoimmune diseases.
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic medications (DMARDs): Some drugs can slow the progression of rheumatic diseases such as inflammatory arthritis and help prevent joint damage.
- Steroid injections: We deliver steroids directly to inflamed joints and tissues to reduce pain and swelling, which may help prevent permanent joint damage.
- Joint surgery: Severe joint damage from rheumatoid arthritis or other rheumatic conditions may require surgery. Our orthopaedic surgeons offer a wide range of innovative joint procedures using minimally invasive robotic and arthroscopic techniques.
Orthopaedic Self-Pay Services
Whether you need to know the cost of a private MRI scan, surgical procedure or other service, we can help. Cleveland Clinic London has a broad range of tests and treatments available for self-pay, so you’re prepared for whatever turn your health takes. Find out more.
Contact us or call 020 3423 7500 for more information about rheumatology.