Severe neurological injuries and illnesses are life-altering. Recovering from these challenges requires time, intensive rehabilitation and expert care. At Cleveland Clinic London, our state-of-the-art rehabilitation centre offers a world-leading level of care. We optimise function and independence for people with the most complex impairments, including strokes, neurodegenerative disorders, brain and spinal cord injuries, and amputations and complex trauma.
Neurological Rehabilitation: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic London?
At our hospital-based rehabilitation programme, we offer:
- Team approach: You are in the care of a consultant-led team that includes specialised nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and swallowing therapists, neuropsychologists, dietitians and other experts. Our multidisciplinary approach ensures comprehensive, seamlessly coordinated care.
- Intensive rehabilitation: We are one of the few rehabilitation centres in the U.K. with the staff and resources to provide individualised rehabilitation for three to four hours daily. This intensive therapy schedule speeds recovery and helps you reach your full potential as quickly as possible.
- Immediate access: After surgery or a severe injury, each day counts. Waiting weeks or months for the necessary care puts your life on hold — and could jeopardise your recovery. We have rapid availability for people to begin rehabilitation as quickly as possible after a traumatic event, which leads to better outcomes.
- Innovative technology: Our new facility features the most sophisticated rehabilitation equipment available. We offer the latest robotic devices, exoskeletons and virtual reality systems for upper and lower limb rehabilitation following stroke, polytrauma, or brain or spinal cord injury. Robotic technology, combined with manual therapy, improves motor function, mobility, coordination and skills for daily living.
- Patient- and family-focused services: We involve patients and their loved ones in the recovery process. Consultants meet with families regularly to discuss progress, set goals and plan for the next phase of care. Dedicated case managers connect families to a range of services for medical, psychological and emotional support.
- Care for complex conditions: We have the resources and capabilities to care for patients with the most complex medical needs, including people who are tracheostomy dependent. Critical care-trained consultants and respiratory therapists are available 24/7 in our intensive care unit to provide support throughout recovery.
Rehabilitation Services at Cleveland Clinic London
Acute rehabilitation for stroke, brain injury and polytrauma
We offer comprehensive care for people recovering from stroke, brain injuries and multiple traumatic injuries. Our skilled team helps you regain skills for independence and a better quality of life. Learn more about our expertise in stroke and brain injury rehabilitation.
Spinal cord injury rehabilitation
We specialise in spinal cord injury rehabilitation for acute and chronic spine injury. Our team provides ventilator management, weaning, and complete tetraplegia or paraplegia care. Find out more about our spinal cord injury rehabilitation programme.
A multidisciplinary team offers inpatient amputation rehabilitation for people with limb loss. You have access to all the specialists and surgical procedures you need under one roof and the most advanced prosthetics available. We offer early amputee rehabilitation after trauma, no matter how complex the injuries. Read more about amputee rehabilitation.
Prolonged disorders of consciousness
We offer specialised assessments and care for people in a coma, vegetative or minimally conscious state. Our highly skilled team focuses on each patient’s comfort and optimises ease of care. Learn more about our expertise in prolonged disorders of consciousness.
Rehabilitation for Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and neuromuscular disorders
Learn More About Rehabilitation
Contact us or call +44 20 3370 9192 for more information about our rehabilitation services.
Refer a patient
GPs and consultants can refer patients quickly and easily to our rehabilitation clinic. Call +44 20 3423 7777 to get started.
Paying for care
We make it easier to access expert rehabilitation in the U.K. Read more about payment information, including options for self-pay and private medical insurance. If you are coming to us from another country, learn more about coordination available through Global Patient Services.